Sunday, March 23, 2008

because D.H Lawrence says so

"SELF-PITY"
"i never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
a small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself."

"WHAT WOULD YOU FIGHT FOR?"
"i am not sure i would always fight for my life.
life might not be worth fighting for.

i am not sure i would always fight for my wife.
a wife isn't always worth fighting for.

nor my children, nor my country, nor my fellow men.
it all depends whether i found them worth fighting for.

the only thing men invariably fight for
is their money. but i doubt if i'd fight for mine,
anyhow not to shed a lot of blood over it.

yet one thing i do fight for, tooth and nail, all the time.
and that is my bit of inward peace, where i am
at one with myself.

and i must say, i am often worsted."

No comments: