Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I love Fairy Tales

So, I know it's barely Spring, but as I'm a huge fan of themed mix tapes/cds, put this one on your Christmas mix for this year... It's an oldie but a goodie:

"Fairy Tale of New York"
The Pogues

It was Christmas Eve babe
In the drunk tank
An old man said to me, wont see another one
And then he sang a song
The rare old 'Mountain Dew'
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you

Got on a lucky one
Came in eighteen to one
Ive got a feeling
This years for me and you
So happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true

Theyve got cars big as bars
Theyve got rivers of gold
But the wind goes right through you
Its no place for the old
When you first took my hand
On a cold Christmas Eve
You promised me
Broadway was waiting for me

You were handsome
You were pretty
Queen of New York city
When the band finished playing
They howled out for more
Sinatra was swinging
All the drunks they were singing
We kissed on a corner
Then danced through the night

The boys of the NYPD choir
Were singing 'Galway Bay'
And the bells were ringing out
For Cbristmas Day
Youre a bum
Youre a punk
Youre an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead
on a drip in that bed

You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God its our lastb

I could have been someone
Well so could anyone
You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Cant make it all alone
Ive built my dreams around you

No comments: